HW: Reissues

Rich W cosmicdolphin at COMCAST.NET
Thu Jan 29 18:21:07 EST 2009

We just got our copies of 25 Years/Astounding Sounds/Electric Tepee in
the mail yesterday.

I'm liking 'The Only Ones (Acoustic Demo)' a great deal, and '25 Years
(Take One)' is good, and 'Assassination' ...Great Stuff.

A great disc.

I always did like 'Electric Tepee' as an album, great sound on the new
remaster, maybe except for 'Going to Hawaii' which didn't sound right,
bit distorted, maybe I need to listen to listen to my original disc and
compare the two.

Sound is fine on Astounding as well, though I still don't like this
album (but lets not reopen that thread ;-)

So what do people think of the proposed tracklisting for Quark? and PXR5

Interesting to see a Hawkwind version of 'We Like to Be Frightened',
though I'm not enamoured of the version on 'Hype'

Rich

HAWKWIND:
“QUARK, STRANGENESS & CHARM”
CD One:
1. Spirit of the Age / 2. Damnation Alley / 3. Fable of a Failed Race /
4. Quark, Strangeness & Charm /
5. Hassan I Sabbah / 6. The Forge of Vulcan / 7. Days of the Underground
/ 8. The Iron Dream
Bonus Tracks:
9. Damnation Alley (live studio version) 10. A minor Jam Session / 11.
Spirit of the Age (demo – excerpt)
12. Hash Cake Cut

CD Two:
The Rockfield Session Tapes:
1. Damnation Alley (first studio version) / 2. Spirit of the Age (full
extended version) / 3. Days of the Underground (first version) / 4.
Quark Strangeness & Charm – Uncle Sam’s on Mars / 5. Fable of a Failed
Race (extended version) / 6. Damnation Alley (alternate harmony vocal
version)
Live Recordings 1977: 7. Spirit of the Age /
8. Robot / 9. High Rise

HAWKWIND:
“PXR 5” – Expanded edition

1. Death Trap
2. Jack of Shadows
3. Uncle Sam’s on Mars
4. Infinity
5. Life Form
6. Robot
7. High Rise
8. PXR 5

Bonus tracks (* = previously unreleased):

9. Jack of Shadows (live studio version) *
10. We Like to Be Frightened *
11. High Rise (live studio version) *
12. Robot (first version) *
13. Jack of Shadows (Alternate vocal version) *
14. High Rise (alternate vocal mix)
15. PXR5 (alternate intro mix)
16. Quark, Strangeness & Charm (live 1978)