Hawkwind Direct (San Diego 89 Xenomorph)

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Sat Jan 31 05:01:27 EST 2009

We did try to make Dave copies of the shows each night, but didn't always
have the equipment, time, or whatever.  If the band had contacted me I might
have been able to get folks to help me with the mammoth undertaking I have
to do concerning all my music in the spring, but we were hard to get ahold
of for a while.  I wish I could get permission to release the masters.  I
don't want them to collect dust if I send them to the band, so first I still
need to find out the exact model of the machine they were made on, then test
the tapes.  A garage isn't the best storage space, but when it's that or
nothing, well, there you have it.  I hope one day after I've found the tapes
I can work out something with our Captain, so that a proper recording that
Chris made will hopefully be professionally released.  I really don't care
about the money, the music is what it's all about.  A bit of music from the
band in exchange would be appreciated, of course, but with the potential
quality for really good releases is out there, and it should be utilized,
especially with a band on the cutting edge like Hawkwind.

Peace,

Mary