HW: what's happening....

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 15 11:29:39 EDT 2009

It's a good documentary: the singer/guitarist is a cater/delivery person and the drummer is also doing a 9-5 dead end job. They get a tour offer to tour Europe and try to convince Chris Tsangarides to produce a new record (which they have to borrow money to make). This woman manages their tour and I wonder if she even knew what she was doing (she later marries their guitarist). In one scene they basically play this dungeon and argue about getting paid. They often have to take the train to gigs.
Lemmy, Lars Ulrich, Slash, etc. are interviewed. It shows footage of them playing some Japanese festival in the 80s. I was an 80s metal kid and I hadn't heard them (I started to listening to Metallica when "Ride the Lightning" came out). I recommend it.

________________________________
From: mike coleman <insect.brain at GMAIL.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:03:17 AM
Subject: Re: HW: what's happening....

Carl- > ps - got a copy of the _Anvil! The Story of Anvil_ DVD as well, which I > gather is top viewing. :) I almost brought this up This band came up in a conversation somehow, and I recalled I had seen them in my youth, and I remember thinking back then that they were unique in some way, so I looked on wikipedia and to my utter shock, they've made (this) movie about the band that "sometimes plays gigs and nobody is there at all", and it is supposed to be one of the best rock-docs ever made and it has lemmy.... anything further on this appreciated cheers mike