OFF: Anvil: The Story of Anvil! (was: Re: HW: what's happening....)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Jul 15 12:12:12 EDT 2009

I second this!  I saw the film at the local cinema and can heartily
recommend it.  Although it is real-life _Spinal Tap_ in quite a few
places, overall I found it a very touching and moving film in the
end---one more about an enduring friendship and pursuing a chosen
dream than simply the story of an almost-made-it heavy metal band.
(Perhaps more pertinent to this list, I couldn't help wondering all
the way through, "is this what latter-day Hawkwind and BOC have to put
up with nowadays?)

It's a really good documentary, made by a fan apparently, and I hope,
if nothing else, it drives some resurgence of interest and sales
Anvil's way.

Cheers,

Paul.