HW: Alien Autopsy

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jul 20 16:44:30 EDT 2009

On 20 Jul 2009, at 15:34 , Paul Mather wrote:
> One possibility to consider is to use an online backup such as Mozy
> or Amazon S3 as your backup drive.  (Be sure to read the SLA very
> carefully!)  That way, you can offline your storage and disaster
> recovery headaches to someone else.  (The downside is that it is
> more expensive than a DIY consumer solution, but who said
> enterprise-level solutions necessarily came cheap?:)

That would be better, but I'm not sure I'm willing to spring for the
added security over the relative cheapness of 1 main drive, 1 backup
drive, and (of course) the original CDs in most cases.

However, I would guess that online storage will itself eventually
become more affordable, too, and that would be a good extra line of
security for the future.

Cheer,
Carl

--