OFF: yet more myspace homebrew

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jul 22 12:47:04 EDT 2009

Of late, I must admit that my (fairly limited) musical ambitions have
been directed more towards trying to teach myself about mixing and
suchlike than they have been towards recording new material.  Well,
we bedroom musicians have to do it all, after all -- can't just slap
down some tracks and hope the producer will make you sound good .... ;)

So though genuinely new output borders on the non-existent, I've
nevertheless uploaded a few new mixes to my MySpace page: <http://
www.carlaz.com/music/>.

Some really are just remixes, like the new mix of "Afterburner --
though I think the new mix sounds reasonably decent compared to older
versions.  Some are demos and partial demos that I'm just putting out
there for the first time (because, what the heck, I've been slow to
create completed versions! :)) like "Tam Lin" and "Anvil of Ice".
(OK, Jon Jarrett has heard earlier versions of "Anvil of Ice" and, I
think, even attempted to come up with some lyrics for it, though I
don't recall where they've got to ...).

There's also a nice comment on my cover of "Hassan I Sabha" from Alan
Davey's cousin and partner in Gunslinger, Nigel Potter (in his guise
as Aggressor UK).  I think that's not my latest mix of that up there,
but, yeah, it still sounds all right. :)

Anyway, enjoy -- in so far as that's possible! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson