Mighty Hawkwind Classics details?

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Jul 27 08:41:51 EDT 2009

On 27 Jul 2009, at 07:00 , Arjan Hulsebos wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 04:38:32 -0700, Steve wrote
>> Carl, are you telling me that you don't keep a recent copy of the
>> Hawkwind Codex around for easy reference?!
>
> Well, offline copies are a major source for SNAFUs...
> Granted, the data already in the Codex is not likely to change, so
> the risk
> you're taking when storing and using an offline copy is having
> incomplete
> data. YMMV whether that is a bad thing or not.

;)  Actually, I zoomed off to the first online copy of the codex that
Google found me to check, but whatever version it was was organized
principally by song, noting on which albums the songs appeared.
Perhaps all the Codex versions are organized like that -- it's a
sensible approach to Hawkwindiana, after all.  However, I was
wondering whether anyone already had the data conveniently collected
for the specific album so I wouldn't have to trawl about through the
Codex (and do actual _work_ ;)).  Luckily, they did! :)

Hmm, maybe the Codex needs to become a database, cross-searchable to
pull different sets of data .... :)

Cheers,
Carl

--