OFF: Online backups (was: Re: HW: Alien Autopsy)

Jerry G jguizar at STNY.RR.COM
Thu Jul 30 17:08:18 EDT 2009

Paul Mather wrote:
> Aw, c'mon Carl, show a little moxie.  You just have to sign up for a
> little over 140 Gmail accounts and then fire off a little under 42,000
> e-mails to archive your terabyte of music.
>
> Sheesh, kids today, don't know they're born.  Why, when I were a lad
> we had to send e-mails by rearranging wires on a plugboard and
> flicking switches for each character...
>
> >;-)
   You had an Altair? I had to type all mine in on an IBM 029. I'd love
to go with
LTO-4 if the prices weren't so high. I wish their average life
expectancy was a
little higher as well. It'd be nice if there was an affordable
holographic storage
that would hold a few petabytes, have unlimited writes, and lasted a few
centuries.