Hawkwind Oslo cancelled

Lost Johnny busterpepper at MIDWAYNET.NET
Wed Mar 11 14:40:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:06:27 +0100, SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at HAGEDORN.DK>
wrote:

>Well, it seems that Hawkwind's ever changing demands killed their concert
in Oslo. My band, the Oresund Space Collective were suppose to play at this
show but expenses were running wild and Hawkwind was being very unreasonable
to the promoter (and doing very stealthy and unreasonable things like
changing the agreed fee from Euros to pounds, etc..) and he had to can the
show. What started out as a really great thing ended in a bummer for
everyone involved and mainly due to the band themselves being excessively
greedy, needy. Pity. I was really looking forward to this and so was the
promoter and all my Norwegian friends....

>Any word on the follow up to X in Search of Space? Do you think the band
will debut any of these songs in the April UK tour with Girlschool?

>all the best
>
>scott
>
>www.oresundspacecollective.com  (Our 5th totally improvised space rock CD
out now!)

                                                    Dave Brock fighting over
money , what a surprise . Sorry about the festival loss  Scott . Just think
of some one who paid for airline tickets and hotel rooms . Anyway , your in
Oresund Space Collective ? I didn't know that . Now that is a jamming band ,
like the old Hawkwind days . I have 3 cds by OSC , one of which is the "
Black Tomato". I'll have to check out your website . I got the 3 cds from a
USA website called     www.allthatisheavy.com   which you would probably
like . It has your cds on it and also tons of cds and vinyl , including 45's
of bands from Sweden,Finland,Germany ,Norway,etc.........Larry