HW: Alan Davey interview

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Mar 13 09:10:30 EDT 2009

On 13 Mar 2009, at 05:10 , Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> But I guess quite a lot of us hear music in our heads we'll
> never be able to make; he certainly comes closer to realising it
> than I
> ever will.

Well, you could buy a dodgy old bass or get some software synths and
DAW software and mess around for a couple of years and then you'd
probably be quite close to making as much music that you heard in
your head as ol´ Harvey can/has.  After all, the magic of technology
make that a lot cheaper and easier than it used to be! :)

> P. S. Harvey is on the other hand in my opinion the best *synth*
> player
> Hawkwind ever had and I would respectfully ask a rejoining Simon, were
> such ever to occur, to stick to violin so that there would be space
> for
> Harvey too...

If he's responsible for the synth solo in the _Palace Springs_
"Golden Void", then I'm going to agree.  IMO, the Brock/Davey/
Chadwick/House/Bainbridge lineup was the finest "post-Classical"
Hawkwind lineup there has been.  Much though I like Huw and Tim Blake
(and even Ron Tree had his moments), that's the one for me. :)  Even
if the albums _do_ have programmed drums ....

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson