HW: Alan Davey interview

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Mar 13 11:27:25 EDT 2009

On 13 Mar 2009, at 10:53 AM, mike coleman wrote:

> as for Mustaine, well, he's just got balls where his mouth is......
> I only really care for the "Killing" album, but I confess I like the
> guy

I can appreciate Mustaine, too (as a guitarist), but let's remember
the guy has an ego the Solar System can barely contain, so of course
he's going to rubbish bass players, just like he seems to rubbish
anyone and everything that isn't, um... Dave Mustaine.  (Can I recall
Mustaine ever actually complimenting anyone?  Hmm... don't think so.
Oh, wait, I think he had something nice to say about Black Sabbath on
the insert of the Nativity in Black tribute CD, but I suppose he was
contractually obligated to be nice as a precondition to being included
on the album[*].:)

Cheers,

Paul.

[*] And, to be honest, I think their cover of "Paranoid" on that album
is, ahem... pants.

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

         --- Frank Vincent Zappa