HW: Alan Davey interview

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 13 11:44:08 EDT 2009

On 3/13/09, Paul Mather <paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2009, at 10:53 AM, mike coleman wrote:
>
> I can appreciate Mustaine, too (as a guitarist), but let's remember the guy
> has an ego the Solar System can barely contain, so of course he's going to
> rubbish bass players, just like he seems to rubbish anyone and everything
> that isn't, um... Dave Mustaine.  (Can I recall Mustaine ever actually
> complimenting anyone?  Hmm... don't think so.  Oh, wait, I think he had
> something nice to say about Black Sabbath on the insert of the Nativity in
> Black tribute CD, but I suppose he was contractually obligated to be nice as
> a precondition to being included on the album[*].:)
>
> If you guys don't mind, and in case you never noticed, I tend to often be
> more interested in you people here than even say, a Hawkwind
> interview.......I don't need every little HW-feed, as I crowned Dave and the
> rest of them years ago,and my money proved it....OK, so I may be capable of
> changing the entire course of the future in ways that may cause a lot of
> suicides in the weaker minded, but I know myself, and there are so many
> things you smart folks could teach me.....and do!!!

I can't help liking a guy that the rest of Metaliica were, well, in fact a
bit afraid of
He's a star.....abrasive or what-not, he demanded his attention and got it
I do think Kirk trumped him in the replacement phase though.....I wish Kirk
had had more say.....If I still cared about a band that I helped make too
popular, Kirk is my man......