HW: Alan Davey interview

Theodore O Jackson tjackson at SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 13 11:53:58 EDT 2009

Tim Bogert with just 4 strings back in the 70s.
Nobody's touched him yet for chops, sound and
feel for the instrument....

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of gary shindler
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:44 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: HW: Alan Davey interview

________________________
Or Tony Levin on the Chapman Stick.

________________________________
From: Edmund Clout <e_clout at HOTMAIL.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 10:38:57 AM

With regard to bassists being no more musicians than drumers I've only one contribution to make: Squarepusher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squarepusher

D&B/Jazz genre but can play a six string fretless Bass with more virtuosity than most guitarists manage.

So there. ;-)

Mundo.

P.S. I don't care about top posting if it's general reply. MwaHaHaHaHa