OFF: Roadburn '09 & Farflung/White Hills tour

Sun Mar 15 15:46:04 EDT 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:32:01AM -0800, Keith Henderson typed out:
> So, who was lucky enough to get tickets to this year's Roadburn
> festival in Tilburg NL?  Lots of great bands like always, including
> Amon Duul 2, Orange Goblin, Bari Watts, but especially Farflung and
> White Hills.  For those that missed out on this long-sold-out show,
> note that Farflung and White Hills will continue touring together over
> much of central Europe (though not in Britain), White Hills continuing
> on alone after the first phase by doing even more shows in southern
> Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy).

	Argh! No, I didn't get tickets. No-one to go with this year and
besides it sold out so quickly that I couldn't. Even Farflung isn't
enough to change my mind about that but it's just vastly annoying that
again I miss them. I am fated never to see this band live. I do wonder
why no British leg of the tour. Is our live scene really that bad? Well,
yes, I suppose I knew that it is. Maybe it's time for another trip to
Vienna...

> Farflung's new stuff is just too good for words.  If you are too
> impatient to wait for new HW stuff, go see Farflung and absolutely
> pick up a copy of A Wound in Eternity.  On Meteor City label in
> Arizona.  allthatisheavy.com Note that there are two versions, one ltd
> ed. digipack CD with two bonus tracks.  Also a double vinyl I think.

	Dagnabbit Keith. I didn't know about the limited edition either.
Now I may have to go sulk. Yours,
				  Jon

ObLP: ST37 - _Secret Society_
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk