HW 40th Anniversary Show

Ian Abrahams ianabrahams1 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Mon Mar 16 06:28:02 EDT 2009

I'm not sure anybody knows what happened (if anything) with Arthur! I certainly never found out anything, nor did his own biographer as I understand it!

Kris always talked warmly of Ron when he came up in discussion re the book so I don't think conclusions should be jumped to there either, Ron, by all accounts, had his own problems which are well known and in the public domain.

Ian

________________________________
From: Steve Bishop <steve.bishop at DB.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 10:11:44 AM
Subject: Re: HW 40th Anniversary Show

Sorry if this has been gone over before but I wasn't aware there was any major
prob between Ron or Arthur and Dave ? I thought Ron had been 'moved on' but
that he understood the reasons why and I'm not sure I ever read what happened
with Arthur ........... haven't got that far in Ian Abrahams book yet !!

BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET> wrote on
16/03/2009 10:04:15:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 09:08:23AM +0100, SHLL (Scott Heller) typed out:
> > I have been tossing some mails back and forth with a few about the
> > Portchester Hall gigs in August and I now, really curious what
> > ex-hawkwind members could actually show up and play. I wonder if they
> > have announced this without actually signing anyone on board. If we
> > make a list of the ex-members, besides Huw Lloyd Langton (who I am not
> > really sure can play electric space rock anymore as he was a disaster
> > the last two times I saw him), who else is there:
> >
> > These people will not play with Dave and Co (at least I don't think):
> >
> > Nik, dave anderson, simon house, alan davey, lemmy, jerry richards,
> > ron tree, terry ollis, Thomas Crimble, michael moorcock (probably too
> > ill), adrian shaw, Mick Slattery, Steve Swindells, Harvey Bainbridge,
> > Bridget Wishart, Danny Thompson..
>
>    This looks like a game for the cynics to play! I think there are
> two different sets here, those who won't play with Dave & Co. and those
> with whom Dave won't play, for example Nik in the former camp and Ron in
> the latter. If Dave was prepared to relax a bit about the exiles (and
> you know, pay in advance) I think this number could be reduced.
>
> > Maybe:
> >
> > Crum, dik mik, del dettmar, Stacia, martin Griffiths, alan powell,
> > Paul Rudolph (haven't heard of him in years...), Ginger Baker, Andy
> > Anderson, Arthur Brown, Steve Hale, John Harrison
> >
> > I probably have missed a few but it seems to me that Dave only has a
> > few pretty obscure Hawkwind members to choose from...
> >
> > What do people think or predict??
>
>    Well, let's have a go:
>
> Dave himself is obviously in
> Mick Slattery possibly not out of solidarity with the Ritual but who
>    knows?
> John Harrison lost in showbiz and probably not `match-fit'
> Nik, yes, well I don't think so, nor do I think it would be a good gig
>    if it could be arranged
> Terry Ollis, as Mr Slattery really
> Dik Mik, don't see why not to be honest though I may not know enough
> Huw, almost without doubt
> Thomas Crimble, as Mick Slattery but personally I hope he stays clear
> Dave Anderson, I can't imagine he's welcome in the fold
> Del, has worked more with Nik than anyone in recent years but might be
>    willing if paid for transport
> Lemmy, despite what Scott says I think would be in if paid
> Twink, ha ha please no
> Simon King, no personal grief as far as I know but wasn't in shape to
>    play for Hawkestra and I don't suppose he'd do it for this less,
>    even if he still can (but if he could it would be ace)
> Simon House, I guess might but he doesn't seem to be well enough to play
>    with anyone live at the moment
> Alan Powell has been a Nikwind drummer in the USA and played Hawkestra
>    II so I guess is Nik's before Dave's but I don't see why he
>    shouldn't
> Moorcock would at least do telephone vocals again I'm sure
> [...]

---

notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional
EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.