HW 40th Anniversary Show

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 17 09:24:56 EDT 2009

Oh man, if Dave got together a lineup with Tim and Huw I'd be camped outside the venue already.  I've been listening to Live Chronicles a lot lately and I gotta say, I think their "Lloyd-Langton Speed Metal Era" (as one of you wiseacres dubbed it), is probably my favorite post-Space Ritual Hawkwind era....

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: "SHLL (Scott Heller)" <shll at HAGEDORN.DK>
Date: Tuesday, Mar 17, 2009 6:22 am
Subject: Re: HW 40th Anniversary Show
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

Hello

Interesting input Jon. Pity I won't meet you at Roadburn this year...

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the HW 40th Anniversary show. I have no pre-expectations but I don't expect a lot of folks from any of the classic line up's of Hawkwind. I think the best Dave could try to pull together would be the live 79 like line up and get Tim, Huw, Dave,...but harvey is not playing bass anymore and probably will not join anyway.

This line up you wrote below:

The regular line-up plus :Huw, Martin Griffin, Keith Hale, Bridget, Crum, Rizz and Matthew Wright as likelies, which starts to look like a dual-drummer _Choose Your Masques_ sort of line-up with guest vocalists and lots of keyboard. Not exactly a 40th anniversary gig in and of itself but probably worth seeing. Then if we add possibles, guest appearances from Lemmy, if Lemmy Alan, Steve Swindells, Del, Dik Mik...

Not sure how exciting this would be... I actually think the best bet would be for the current line up to just play a great concert with like one song from every studio record and then invite distinct guests in for one or two songs and leave it at that. I think trying to get people in who have not played much leaves to a major drop in quality like what we saw at the Hawkestra, even though it was fun..

Just my thoughts...

scott