HW 40th Anniversary Show

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Mar 17 11:28:58 EDT 2009

On 17 Mar 2009, at 08:24, Steve Swann wrote:
> Oh man, if Dave got together a lineup with Tim and Huw I'd be
> camped outside the venue already.  I've been listening to Live
> Chronicles a lot lately and I gotta say, I think their "Lloyd-
> Langton Speed Metal Era" (as one of you wiseacres dubbed it), is
> probably my favorite post-Space Ritual Hawkwind era....

I quite like the Chronicles stuff, and some of the other 80s-ish Huw-
era things.  "Shot Down in the Night" on _Live '79_, the "speed-
metal" version of "Psy Power" from ... err, I forget which record or
records, but you know what I mean, and "War I Survived" on _Xenon
Codex_.  Still, it also almost seems like those recordings belong to
a different band .... though I suppose one could argue that almost
_every_ Hawkwind "era" sounds like it belongs to a different band.
Maybe it's that two guitars in Hawkwind sound not quite "right" to me
-- for all that Huw was basically a founding member and a key member
at other times.  That may be why I really warm to the _Palace Spring_
macro-lineup more than the Chronicles-type lineup.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson