HW 40th Anniversary Show

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Wed Mar 18 05:06:02 EDT 2009

I agree. it would be great it Huw and Tim and they went for this era a bit but the problem is I have very serious doubts that Huw can actually do it anymore. The last two times I have seen him it was a disaster... He can sit down and play some nice acoustic guitar but I think he lost as an electric rock guitarist anymore.. not sure why.. alcohol..perhaps... I love a lot of his stuff in the 80's...

scott

On 17 Mar 2009, at 08:24, Steve Swann wrote:
> Oh man, if Dave got together a lineup with Tim and Huw I'd be camped
> outside the venue already.  I've been listening to Live Chronicles a
> lot lately and I gotta say, I think their "Lloyd- Langton Speed Metal
> Era" (as one of you wiseacres dubbed it), is probably my favorite
> post-Space Ritual Hawkwind era....

I quite like the Chronicles stuff, and some of the other 80s-ish Huw- era things.  "Shot Down in the Night" on _Live '79_, the "speed- metal" version of "Psy Power" from ... err, I forget which record or records, but you know what I mean, and "War I Survived" on _Xenon Codex_.  Still, it also almost seems like those recordings belong to a different band .... though I suppose one could argue that almost
_every_ Hawkwind "era" sounds like it belongs to a different band.
Maybe it's that two guitars in Hawkwind sound not quite "right" to me
-- for all that Huw was basically a founding member and a key member at other times.  That may be why I really warm to the _Palace Spring_ macro-lineup more than the Chronicles-type lineup.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson