best fan recorded shows

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 20 14:01:40 EDT 2009

I'm looking for the recordings that strike the right alchemical balance of performance and sound quality.  :)

For example, my favorite version of Hassan I Sabha is the one from Weird Tape 5, even though the sound recording is only what I would call "decent"...

Stsve

-----Original Message-----
From: "bernhard.pospiech" <bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE>
Date: Friday, Mar 20, 2009 11:29 am
Subject: Re: best fan recorded shows
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

Hi Steve

Sound quality or the gig itself ??

Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On Behalf Of Steve Swann
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 3:37 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: HW: best fan recorded shows

So I tried asking about torrents, to a resounding silence...  I figured since Hawkwind have explicitly ok'ed electronic distribution of the old
"tape tree" live recordings, it would have made torrent less of a dirty word by now...

So, let me try asking more generally:  What are the best fan recorded shows to look out for?  I know some of you out there know this stuff...

Steve