HW: Knights of Space audio mix

Sat Mar 21 09:22:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 06:44:35AM -0800, Steve Swann typed out:

	<snip>

> Now, I'm admittedly totally biased.  My instructions to the audio
> engineer would have been: MAKE BROCKS GUITAR STOMP ALL OVER EVERYTHING
> LIKE A 900 FOOT STEEL ROBOT

	I've been to one gig where that was more or less how the mix was
and it isn't necessarily what you'd want. For a start, it hurt to stand
anywhere near his amp, and for a continuation, I couldn't hear Simon's
violin. Actually, when one got as far left as one could, one found that
Simon's violin was largely coming out as white noise but at least over
there there was something like balance. This was Cambridge, and I was
rather annoyed not to be able to enjoy it. Just saying, there can be too
much Brock (and if my experience didn't show this, I'd just cite
_Earthed to the Ground_...) Yours,
				   Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk