64-bit audio (was: Re: If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Mar 26 09:41:46 EDT 2009

On 26 Mar 2009, at 08:32, Paul Mather wrote:
> Better for all around if lossless formats became de facto, with
> lossy used as a temporary format used only for resource-limited
> portable listening devices or lo-fi previews.

Agreed.  Though I also think the real limitation on my audio quality
will end up being the quality of my reproduction equipment and,
particularly, speakers.  High quality audio is easily made and
schlepped around the Internet -- but good quality players and
speakers and such remain more expensive.  At least they are so from
where I'm sitting!

Cheers,
Carl

--