If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!

Alex S. Garcia asg at MECREANT.ORG
Fri Mar 27 07:56:43 EDT 2009

> If you were to copy that borrowed CD, there is
> lost revenue. The music industry considers that to be stealing.

Okay. But I've never heard of anyone getting sued (even less convicted)
for copying a CD (or vinyl/tape in the old days). Most convictions I've
heard of tended to concern folks who had SOLD copied material. Which I
think makes a lot more sense.

> I haven't looked at this carefully, but I think that borrowing a CD, and
> inviting someone over to listen to a CD, are considered to be copyright
> infringements by the music industry.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did :-o Would they have a case in court,
though, that's an entirely different issue.

Alex.