If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!

trev judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 27 11:32:44 EDT 2009

"it is something we have to live with as our music lives in a digital world"

yes , the way to go seems to be to make some of your music downloadable on
your website, but sell it on cd's (unless you can sell downloadable mp3's
from your website...a big job...i'm looking into it)

no one will buy your music just because it's on cd baby or any of the other
download sites because there are thousands of other bands doing the same
thing. 70% of people find your music and buy it by making an internet search
of your band name or song name, so it's really best to do it all from your
own site as long as your site is properly set up as far as keywords and
search engine friendliness is concerned.

myspace etc is just an extremely well thought out website with all the
tricks in the book and is designed to remove power from the individual and
pass that power on to the"big boys" who make a fortune out of it.

people buy cd's because the music or name has been imprinted into their
hearts and minds. the best way is for them to see you live (if you're good),
the other way is to be influenced by the media (only signed bands can do
this), or by personal word of mouth.

in the good old days, the chances of making music a full-time occupation was
one in a thousand...now it's one in a million.

don't give up the day job lol

judge trev

ps buy my stuff... i'm one of the few old-timers who still lives off
it...even if you do it out of pity lol (do i have your hearts...and minds?)

REAL FESTIVAL MUSIC - RFM   http://www.realfestivalmusic.co.uk
Festival CD's, Festival Photo Reviews, Festival Listings, Video Downloads,
News, Healers