Perfect pitch? (better edited, sorry),

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Fri Mar 27 13:39:44 EDT 2009

			Hi friends,
I get very frustrated when I listen to music with someone and they can tell
the chords automatically.  I have a relatively good sense of pitch, and a
little grounding in theory, I can pick an A note out of the air on key.  Do
you think perfect pitch is innate, or can be learned.
I have 2 blind friends, and 1 is totally convinced that if I don't have it,
I never will.  Another, says it can be learned.  Of course, I'm inclined to
believe the latter.  If I'm told that I can't do something, my Irish blood
comes through and I'll do whatever I can to prove otherwise.
I'd be very interested in what all you fine musicians, and other listeners
like me, have to say on this.

Many thanks,

Mary