If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.CO.UK
Mon Mar 30 07:33:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 11:47:41 +0100, you sent through the ether:

>> I really don't _like_ the idea of a subscription model

>I wonder if that's because of the different history?

I think the subscription model exists because it's easier to
administer, imagine how many people there are on the planet listening
to media.  Pay per listen/view is not practically possible on a large
scale yet. (The yet is the scary bit, when they have that amount of
personal control we're doomed)

I think eventually we will have a tiered pay per listen/subscription
model though, just like satellite TV now, you can choose to pay per
film, or if you watch a lot of films subscribe to everything.

There would still be nothing to stop bands selling "artifacts" direct
to fans, but I think the days of raid fandom are over for anyone under
the age of 25. They have too much media squirted at them & have no
need to obsess like maybe we did... :o)

-S.

P.S. I know when trev is joking!