Perfect Pitch, (better edited, (my apologies),

Albert Bouchard albert at CELLSUM.COM
Tue Mar 31 17:14:09 EDT 2009

Hi Mary:
Anyone can figure out relative pitch by using do re me fa so la ti do.
The two pitches outside of those scale tones have distinctive vibes:
flatted second like many Metallica songs ie. Enter Sandman, which also
has the other tone outside the regular scale - the ever popular
flatted fifth, the devil's tone, the tritone, ie. the intro to the
song Black Sabbath. Everything else is variations on the major and
minor scales. Certain chord progressions are distinctive - the most
common of all is simply 1 5 (do so) 1 6 4 5 Heart and Soul - 1 7 6 7
Reaper and you can learn to recognize these as well. Now you know
everything you need to know about music theory.
Al