(OFF) If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Mar 31 21:07:03 EDT 2009

Mike Coleman writes (with a typo, caught ya),
I had just recommended to my
friend that somebody put out an LP of purely "posed" instruments, where you
may hear the noise of them being brought in and out and even accisdentally
being bumped, but nothing actually getting played in the usual sense...",
Chris went to see John Cage, and he did a musical performance art piece
involving moving around a set of living room furniture.  Since I had a
migraine, I missed it.  I did hear the recording, I'm sure it was better
live. From my perspective, everything that's been said has been in fun, sure
there maybe an edge in M.C.'s postings, it's probably because he spends a
bunch of time worrying about offending me, (Ha). Relax, we're all friends.
There are no flames to worry about that I'm aware of.  Mike,  we're dealing
with 2 extremes, On 1 hand, a person who was raised in a Catholic family of
9.  Due to money and the number of children  I tell you of a person ignoring
a headache because she thought everyone got bad ones like that and just
carried on.  If I'd been in a smaller family that may have been treated
earlier, and never have got to the point it has.   .  Even though I've left
the church it's left it's mark, even through stories I tell you, like the
doctor who told my uninformed mother the rhythm method backward so he could
deliver more babies.  While you are on the other extreme, in a way, you were
sort of an only child, since when you grew up your sisters were already away
from home.  Like for Chris, a get together at my family's place  would be
horrific for you for more than a few hours, at best. I don't mean to bring
up things to disturb you.  As you know, I believe most people would like to
do the right thing in life.  I had just had another roadblock put in my way
to find out about my husband's death, and I was on a rant about how bad some
people can be, like doctors who put money above the Hippocratic oath.  She
knowingly let Chris walk away from her office with the knowledge he needed
antibiotics and refused to give them to him even though there was a waiting
list for a dentist.  The rich can afford private health care, everything
else is subsidized, I've been fortunate with my own care, the so-called free
care may be available, but you'll wait forever.  It didn't help Chris.
We'll work on solving  the world's problems off-list.  I thank everyone for
putting up with our banter.  Mike, maybe you should keep drinking that milk,
if that gas is so clean you may have your own free energy source, and 5
bowls is at least 3 too many, but, I know, you'll be all right.  They're
always making food products for those who want to eat, for folks like you
who consider food a royal pain, they should make a food pill, or something.
A hit a day, and you get all your nutrients, no, I'm not talking about
speed.  For me, that would be terrible, food with no taste, how depressing.
I don't have "Oscillations"  Concerning the SR Vol. 2, I thought the mix was
too harsh when it first came out.  With whatever subsequent remixes have
gone on, the quality is much better.  Although Levitation was an all digital
recording, I didn't notice the same sort of harshness, that's the only way I
can describe the early digital recordings.  I remember at Dead shows they
played some of the Beatles albums when they were first transferred to disc
and they were awful.  I played SR vol. 2 about a week ago, and it was real
nice hearing it again. Hawkwind keep us on our toes with remixes, extra
tracks and all that, and Mike, you have a lot of intelligent things to say
about collecting, among other things and your postings are usually well
thought out, and always a lot of fun.       It would be nice if an album
could be released compiling some of the rarities, I don't think that would
make them any less collectible to those who are really into it.  I've got a
few cool singles stashed away that have been played once or twice to record
on tape, ha!  Finding that tape is going to be um, interesting.

Later,

Mary