Perfect Pitch, (better edited, (my apologies),

mary maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Tue Mar 31 21:37:14 EDT 2009

"Anyone can figure out relative pitch by using do re me fa so la ti do,"
I can do that, often I lose the actual A note if I have other distractions.
I try to equate songs with chords, "Golden Void," starts on E for example so
if I want that note I hit the first note from the song.  My friend can
always hit an A at whatever frequency that is.  I really wish blind people
were taught physics when I went to high school.  Chris tried to teach me
some partial physics, but I don't know my neutrons from protons, and when
you throw in the weak and strong forces, and all that, it's too much
information too fast. For him, it was nothing. Anyone who knew Chris
probably remembers, you could ask him a simple question and he'd give you an
answer, but often you'd get a lot more information than expected.  The
correlation between math. physics, and music is fascinating to me.
"Carl, who must always remember not to confuse _The Sound of Music_
with _The Flying Nun," Now, now, Carl, none of that.
Your friend,

Mary