OFF: If you pirate music, you're downloading communism!

Tue May 5 06:16:09 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 03:32:44PM -0000, trev typed out:
> "it is something we have to live with as our music lives in a digital world"

	<snip>

> no one will buy your music just because it's on cd baby or any of the other
> download sites because there are thousands of other bands doing the same
> thing. 70% of people find your music and buy it by making an internet
> search of your band name or song name, so it's really best to do it all
> from your own site as long as your site is properly set up as far as
> keywords and search engine friendliness is concerned.

	Absolutely! the only way to prevent people going to websites
that don't help you for your stuff is to put it out there yourself and
better. It's usually pretty possible since they won't only be doing it
to you so your site automatically looks most relevant to you alone. Or,
in a musical analogy, if the bastards are drowning you out, TURN IT UP
:-) Yours,
	   Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk