Off/ dangerous phishing within this list

Steve swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 12 15:45:21 EDT 2009

If you were nicer to Mike, maybe he'd spot you a loan from those recent poker winnings he was telling me about....

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: trev <judge48 at HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:58 pm
Subject: Off/ dangerous phishing within this list
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

Yes, I received a dangerous phishing email so I'm warning everyone to be on
the look out for "THE ENEMY WITHIN"

The accounts disputes policing team detected that it came from the USA from
the "Texas" area and have just confirmed that it comes from within this very
list.

I can't think of anyone here who is from the "Texas" area offhand, perhaps
we should just ask the culprit to step forward voluntarily so that he can be
properly "killed" according to the list rules.

The ADPT have also detected that the name of the culprit begins with COL,
but their computer crashed before the full name and address could be fully
revealed...They assure me that further attempts will eventually reveal
his/her full name...bit by bit...

I will keep you all updated.

Trev

Here is the alert email that they sent me:

Dear Trevor Thoms
we regret to inform you that your PayPal account security has been breached we have detected an unauthorized withdrawal of $500.00 United States funds
from your account
we deeply regret this has occured and urge you to pursue this matter through
our account disputes center and to update your password and personal
information
The PayPal Team

Questions? Go to the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, log in to your
PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click Notifications.