HW: Alan Davey interview

Tue May 12 20:54:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:47:17AM -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> I first had a cassette copy of the SR LPs from someone on the list,
> which I hastily replaced with the One Way CDs when they came out.  I
> didn't really "get" SR from the cassette, but the CD really opened my
> ears!  I did eventually find with the LPs and got 'em for the cool
> sleeve, though I doubt I ever played the LPs, not having a record-
> player by that point!

	Oddly enough, that's quite similar to the trajectory that got me
into Hawkwind. Knew `Silver Machine', some long-haired character people
mistook for a Viking a lot gave me a cassette of SR... the rest
unfolded more or less as you see. Said Viking character introduced me to
a dozen bands and this list, eventually emigrated to Colombia. Gotta
watch them guys, yours,
			Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk