Swindells's "Fresh Blood" (was Re: HW: Alan Davey interview)

Thu May 14 09:46:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 12:45:56PM -0500, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
> Strangely enough, when I think of the subject matter on "Fresh
> Blood", the idea of Lemmy as a should-have-been co-conspirator
> springs to mind!  Now imagine _that_ band: Huw, Lemmy, and Simon
> King, along with Steve Swindells.  I mean, it might well have killed
> Huw dead right there in 1980 ;) but just imagine the Lemmy/King
> rhythm section powering through "Shot Down in the Night", with Huw
> slashing away over it!  It'd be like a strange Motörwind that never
> was -- with Swindells's strangely music hall organ vamps stabbing
> over it!  Far out ....

	Isn't that more or less the band that recorded the `Lord of the
Hornets' single with Calvert, though? It was definitely Lemmy, Huw and
Simon, at least, or so I've been led to believe. I've always wondered
how on earth people who should have sounded as you describe wound up
sounding like that instead. Not that I don't like the song, but it would
not have killed anyone dead (at least, not in that version; the Nikwind
_Past or Future_ version could leave a mark all right). Yours,
								Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk