OFF: I beg to differ...

Steve swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 5 09:23:17 EDT 2009

Blanga rhymed with bang sounds like how they might do it down south, served with grits.  :)
Steve
-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at CARLAZ.COM>
Date: Monday, Oct 5, 2009 8:18 am
Subject: Re: OFF: I beg to differ...
To: Reply-    BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET

On 03 Oct 2009, at 11:52, Steve Swann wrote:
 Yeah I pronounce the first A as in Ankh ("Ahhh") and the last one
 short ("Uh").

My pronunciation matches Steve's, but then I also feel like the
precise vowel quality should be allowed a full range of dialect
variation -- much like the sweep of the wah pedal. :)  So here, a
rhyme with "bang" does no more than cock the foot at a different
angle on the rocker pedal than does a rhyme with "ankh". :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson