in Kansas City, MO

Jeff Thompson jt_ at COX.NET
Sun Oct 25 20:46:36 EDT 2009

> I've enjoyed BOC live from 1975 to 2000 whatever.  Yeah, it's not the
> original guys and we will probably never see that again, but how cool it
> is that Eric and Buck keep it going.  As long as they are not
> embarrassing themselves, I say "more power to them".  Who knows how much
> longer they can keep it going.  I hope I'm still rocking when I'm their
> age.

Damn straight.

I'll see them any chance I get, since I am actually surprised they've
pushed it this long.  Eric must need the $ to run the World Of Warcraft
command center in his basement.

> Yeah, Buck is rarely animated and I'm sure not every gig is a shining
> moment.  He is still one of the best out there.

Yeah -- considering the negative review or two that had been posted, I
had been prepared for disappointment, and, instead, I enjoyed it more
than any other time I remember.  Despite the sound problems.  Wish
the keyboard had been audible.

Something I forgot to mention ... their bassist, Rudy Sarzo, is good.
He pulled off the Randy Jackson slap bass line of Shooting Shark with
aplomb.

Anyone remember when Albert posted that the song should have been
saved for Donald's Windham Hill record?  Heheh.  As a live song,
it rocks.

The drummer, whatsisname, is funny to watch.  He looks like he's in
pain when he drums, particularly during the solo.  Grimaces like
he's passing a kidney stone.  It's fun.

It was fun watching the front row fans doing hair-metal air guitar to
the muscular 'The Vigil' riffs.

-- Jeff