[Hawkind] Porchester Saturday

Maxine Wesley Maxine.Wesley at PORT.AC.UK
Tue Sep 1 12:17:36 EDT 2009

My own personal reflection.... (coming out of lurking)

Steve Swann might have said
>And let me add that the dancers were great.  The costumes and the
>choreography were well thought out and added to the show.  I don't
>always think that's so with the various sideshow attractions that
>Hawkwind brings onstage with them :-) but this time it really worked.

I concur... more foreplanning and choreography was evident than in some of the more recent events. And yes - why not rap to Spirit of the Age - how apt!!  Yo!

I loved the event - there was a really nice vibe in the hall and as the Hawkwind set progressed during the evening the sound seemed to balance out, any lack of quality (as people have pointed out, due to the wooden panelling) was made up for with some cracking playing on the night & now having the free copy of the promo cd - which I am listening to as I type. Only complaint is I still don't have a decent digital rendition of Brainbox polution - Any chance of releasing it as a single?

My greatest recollection of the evening was about half way through 'Right to decide' when my friend, who had never heard Hawkwind before, got completely enraptured with them, started jigging about and then dashed forward in a frenzy to get closer. This is amazing since 1. he's extremly picky about his music, 2. rarely shows emotion, 3. never dances.. and yet for the first time, at 46 years of age - he was smitten. !!

Good job guys and thanks for having us.

Maxine