Boc: BOC Cleveland Ohio Show

Theodore O Jackson tjackson at SYR.EDU
Tue Sep 1 14:24:41 EDT 2009

I did like some of the selections, but felt a lack of energy in the
performance. ME262, Stairway To The Stars, 7 Screaming Dizbusters, a few
more were good choices, just lacked the delivery.

I guess I shouldn't be whining, as I don't think I've ever seen them
do Dizbusters, and I've probably seen them close to 50 times...

I suppose a "radio" fan who never saw them before would be happy, but a true
fan who has seen what they're capable of is left saddened.

Yah, that's it in a nutshell.  I've probably seen the
original lineup more than any of the other incarnations,
and that really sticks with ya...

I had hoped to hear some other songs that appear to have been dropped from
the setlist. Astronomy, I'd Like To See You In Black...

SYiB!  Great song.  Only saw it a few times
live, but it rocked, and worked well in the live
set...

I'd have been happy with the setlist I suppose, if they were up to the
standard of years past. I left feeling like Buck is the only one still
working hard. His guitar work is still amazing. I liked that he paid tribute
to Les Paul with a musical interlude between songs. Nice touch. He's one of
the best guitarists but seems to not get the recognition a technician of his
caliper should get.

I never could understand it.  Even when BÖC were selling huge in
the 70s, you never saw Buck in the guitar magazines.  And this is a
guy with a very unique style who foreshadowed the shredders of the
80s.  Well, he now seems to get his due.  You see him mentioned
more in the guitar mags now than he was in the heyday...

tj