Hawklords Live 78 CD

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu Sep 3 12:41:56 EDT 2009

Hello John

I will try to compare at least DEATH TRAP with the recordings I have from
the HL Tour.
If I should have success I will let you know

Perhaps someone should ask ATOMHENGE where DT is from

Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of John Majka
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 9:48 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Hawklords Live 78 CD

I noticed the same thing, Bernhard, and was also wondering from where this
version of Death Trap was taken.  Since the tapes have been edited, it calls
into question the other songs as well.  I haven't done a side-by-side
comparison with the "actual" tape of the show, so I don't yet know if other
songs were exchanged as well.

Hawkwind is indeed a band of mystery, not the least of which includes my
having applied for a replacement  passport 4 times in the last 3 years with
no results whatsoever (my original from years back never having been
returned by the band).

I've enjoyed what I've seen and heard of the Porchester show and other shows
on the current tour.  Even what I've heard from Huw I thought was quite
respectable, despite some comments to the contrary.  It was mesmerizing to
hear Dave play the harmonica, since the community's only familiarity with
that skill dates primarily from his pre-Hawkwind days.

Long may they fly!

John Majka