Hawkwind 40 Porchester Hall

Alan Taylor alan.taylor96 at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sat Sep 5 03:52:06 EDT 2009

Hey Steve, thanks for saying so, it was really good talking to you.  The
day was great, and met so many old and new friends, though it went by in
a bit of a blur.

I took a few photos, not a huge amount and not many that were any
good.   I think it was the light levels - the light show wasn't as
bright/good as normal (although it did have its moments) and I didn't
get a decent spot to take the pics from.  Maybe the Guinness was taking
its toll too! I spoke to Neil and Marie of Chaos Illuminations, they
said they couldn't do the lightshow as parking impossible and it didn't
stack up on this occasion.  Which was nice for them as they got to watch
the gig as from the crowd, a bit of a novelty I'd think.

Anyway, I was a bit p'd off at not getting many decent pics so I decided
to take some OK video clips with far from decent sound.  These may
appear on a video sharing site near you sometime soon...though I do hate
it when folk put just snippets of songs on,which is what I'll be doing,
sorry!  And with that, my memory card was full up.

A thoroughly good day, highlights for me were the Mirror of Illusion and
the whole of the HW set,with all the blanga.  And question time where
they said there would be a 2010 Hawkfest. Yay.

I need to crank up the 'beast' (my old PC) to get the photos onto
tangledwoof.com, so maybe sometime in the next week.

Onwards

Alan