BOC ravings

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 10 17:41:14 EDT 2009

There's a Michael Anthony bass solo on Youtube with the Jack Daniels whiskey bass that supports your theory.

________________________________
From: Tim Hall <tim at KALYR.COM>
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:35:16 PM
Subject: Re: BOC ravings

Jeff Thompson wrote:
>> This time the band seemed to be "going through the motions".
>
> That's too bad.  I saw 3OC back in 2000 or so, with Rondinelli and Miranda, and I enjoyed the heck out of it.
>
> Even suffered through a random incarnation of Starship, and Foghat,
> to get to it, and considered it worth it.  Certainly enjoyed it more
> than seeing them on the Club Ninja tour.

I saw the 2OC last year in Manchester, and thought they were still cutting it live - and Eric was on pretty good form.  And they even played Astronomy, which was the first time I'd seen the song live.

Could do without all the solos in Godzilla, though.  Drum solos should simply not be allowed unless your name is Neil Peart, and bass solos are an abomination no matter who's on bass.
-- Tim
http://www.kalyr.com/weblog
http://twitter.com/kalyr