Hawkwind goodie bags, signed postcards

Steve Swann swann1066 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 12 13:47:01 EDT 2009

So, I had assumed that the signed postcards were "printed" signatures,
meaning that the band signed an original postcard, which was then
reprinted 1000 times, or however many they made.  It didn't seem like
an unreasonable assumption, who could in all fairness expect the band
to sit down and hand-sign 1000 postcards?  We're fans, not torturers!
:)

Anyway, I was wrong.  The signatures on the postcards are originals.
The signatures on mine are slightly different from each other in
handwriting and positioning on the card (also, one of mine is signed
by Huw and the other is not).  Holy shit, that's a lot of signing.

Thanks guys!!

And while I'm thanking the band for their efforts, let me add that it
was great of them to come out for the 2nd encore on Friday.  I know
they were on their feet all bloody day making the event happen, so I
appreciate the fact that they came back that one last time, rather
than just turning on the house lights and calling it a night.

Steve