note from a friend with important Hawkwind reference at the end

MARYANN SULLIVAN maryann.sullivan1 at VERIZON.NET
Thu Apr 1 07:30:08 EDT 2010

That's a real nice story.

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Burro Mike
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:11 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: note from a friend with important Hawkwind reference at the end

Hi all,
I received this note via the Sloterdijk Myspace page. It comes from a very
cool guy I met in Philadelphia through some mutual friends The mutual
friends moved out and he did not know my last name, so he started trying to
find me through the internet. I had lent him a copy of Hawkwind's "It Is The
Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous'.  In the post script at the end of
the page, he makes reference to his thoughts about the album.  I'm glad he
found me, and Hawkwind!!

Cheers! Mike Burro

here's the note, with personal info removed:

Hey!
Recently I have made the acquaintance of a
gentleman named Mike whose last name eludes me.
 believe this is his band, or that he is a collaborator in some
capacity. I know that he teaches philosophy in New Jersey.
 also know that he is a pretty hip guy that I share many interests with
and would love to stay in touch.
If you can
pass on my email address:
 and
 phone number:
I'm
 thinking of starting a psychedelic themed monthly party in Philly some
time in the next few months. I want to spin everything from Nico, to
African tribal drumming, to Krautrock to... maybe some of your music
too!
Best Wishes in all your Endeavours.
Yours,
William
PS
 He lent me a Hawkwind CD recently and it was one of the greatest aural
psychedelic journies I have heard in a long time--really phenomenal
stuff.