HW:BBC release

mike coleman insect.brain at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 2 13:59:38 EDT 2010

On 3/18/10, SHLL (Scott Heller) <shll at hagedorn.dk> wrote:

> Hello
> SO am I reading this correct, that we have all been duped again and this is
> just the same as the stereo version that has circulated and the press
> release was a fucking lie, again???? Nothing new at all??
> scott
> www.oresundspacecollective.com

I decided to switch gears this month and sacrifice my sustenance for a
couple CDs rather than vinyl-
I ordered it yesterday and am listening to it now. Since Steve did not
comment on this forum further I am compelled.
other than suffering from the obvious: (being a CD with postage stamp art
and musical reproduction from only a portion of original alien technology),
so far: *SUPERB*
I headed straight for the Brian Matthews tracks and other than being mono
recordings (reminds self to discuss these mono recordings with Keith
Kniveton), the dynamics are fantastic and I could not hear any vinyl source
if there be one!!  I stick to my guns that this release is worth it's weight
for these tracks alone. Nothing is going to help us against the runaway
black technology and the "other class"  than personal conduct and
concentrated streams of this stuff!!!
When I went into the mono recording of the actual BBC show I was still
hearing the draggy sound on the beginning of Born to Go, which is my
favorite track but the overall sound did seem already some better-
so I jumped to the stereo recording which was my personal prime concern.
Stunning!!!  Once again I am so far not detecting any vinyl source and the
ambiance is wonderful. Remember, the previous versions of this are bootlegs
and we are not supposed to have those anyway. This recording features the
use of audio generators as featured nowhere else officially, and is a wonder
of this world (and beyond), and one of the reasons I would claim the actual
vinyl should be one of the most valuable psychedelic rock albums to exist.
This also features some delicious colour photos in the booklet and until
somebody has the decency to press a double LP,  a looking glass should
suffice.
MANADATORY!!!!!!!!!!