Hawkwind Brew

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Mon Apr 12 12:12:53 EDT 2010

On 12 Apr 2010, at 10:40, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, displaced cowboy wrote:
>> It's come to my attention that the "kids" on the other Hawkwind
>> forum are
>> buzzing about Hawkwind brew again.
>
> 	If Carl Anderson is still reading from amid the nappies and the
> linguistics, he may be able to give more detail on the story of his
> I'm about to tell, in which he followed the Reich plans and built a
> small-
> scale orgone accumulator in which he deposited a homebrew vessel in
> order to brew `orgone beer'. I think that this would be `correct'
> in a number of ways higher than mere politics, if it ever happened
> and I didn't just make it up from my memories of long evenings
> drinking less exalted hop products with that same linguist now-
> parent...

Wow, that takes me back -- and well away from nappies and
linguistics .... ;)

Credit for the "Orgone Ale" plan (as Jon describes above) is really
due to Michael "Tox" Donahue, once upon a time at least briefly of
this list, and likewise the bass player in Ossian's Ride, a band I
had in round about 1994 or so.  I did a lot of homebrewing back then,
and whilst we car-less band members lounged  around waiting for
automotively-enabled members of the band to pick us up for rehearsal,
we used to consume freely of the fruits of my labours -- which did
little for our rehearsing powers, but did enable us to foment (and
ferment!) such ideas as the "Orgone Ale". :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson