(HW) BOTE (my review)

Owen O'Neill owen.01 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 4 16:11:35 EDT 2010

"I can't believe I used to not even know what they sounded like... I
mean, I guess I'd been into Motorhead for a few years and read
somewhere that Lemmy used to be in this other band, kind of a sci-fi
theme and trippy electronics, so I made rounds of my city's record
stores and then somehow a month later I've got a serious technology
habit and I can't have a conversation with anyone I used to be friends
with, in high school, for a while I didn't think I could go go in
every day without a picture of Rob Calvert duct-taped to my chest, I
managed to go dry for a year but all I could think about was how
wonderful it would be once the year's up and i've proven whatever, so
I can go back to Hawkwind. Then forcing it on other people without
making it seem like I was so I could have my H-friends around to
reinforce the whole web of lies, I built hypnotizing goggles that
responded to an audio source, was going around with electrodes on my
head thinking it was OK. ... ... <shots fired>

--