HW: Hawkfest

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 17 19:54:54 EDT 2010

I sed...

> Well, I still am not sure if I am to expect an actual
> ticket to Hawkfest in the mail.

Hot damn!  Whaddya know?  The bloody thing arrived in the mail here in Fribourg, on my last day here before heading out on the road, to eventually end up on Isle of Wight next weekend.  It looks nice too.  Hope it was worth the wait to get them printed.  Anyway, now I can relax.  Plus, I just witnessed YB nip Spurs here 3-2 in Champions League final qualis, so there's a chance that the Swiss league could have two representatives in the CL (certainly that would be the first time ever) if my Rot-Blau (FC Basel) can get by some silly Moldovan team tomorrow and next week.  Course, there's no guarantee that YB won't lose 1-0 or worse next week in London to crush that dream...but hey, there's a chance.  So today was a good day.

So I got my travel plans set, including the other two HW-related events in Derbys. and London.  In between, I am going to spend four days in Porthmadog, Wales.  I would like to visit the Prisoner Village of Portmeirion natch, and then also do some nice walks in the Snowdon region.  Anybody have any specific recommendations?

Ciao...bis bald...Keith H.