Here we are again! Steve L

Stephen Lindsey steve.lindsey at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 19 13:48:00 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

an old timer returning to the boc-l fold,  hopefully the brain cells ahven't dimmed too much that noone remembers me, but then its been err 8 years or so

Steve Lindsey here, from Toronto, over here on holiday and with wondrous timing Dave decided to throw another Hawkfest on the dates I'd already booked (now theres cosmic timing)

I see lots of familiar names from bot sides of the pond just in the last few posts, Jill,  Kieth H, and on and on !!

I'm here with my now fourteen yer old daughter, Shannon, so guess who gets to see Hawkwind for the first time (and with half of the rest of the UK psych scene too !). Course I might have to sneak behind a tent to enjoy a smoke, but such is parenthood haha

Dunno if any of the Chaos Illumination folk are on here Neil ? Marie ? Keith B you out there ?   I brought some gels and motors (it was fun bringing projectors over for HWF 2002 but in the end it seemed easier to just bring accessories and artwork)  and maybe I can do a little contributiing and helping out on the light show front, particulary for the non HW acts (cos I figure you've got HW pretty well figured out by now haha).  My lighting partner Eric Siegermann, who I hope many remember fondly from his own and our joint excursions for HW tours (who remembers the after-after party after the 2002 Christmas Astoria show at whatever that hotel was, that was partly his organisation, best memories ever, organising a party and HW come.......!!!!) couldn't come this time, ut sends his best and warmest regards

If anyone wants to see what Eric and I get upto with our General Chaos visuals these days, then what with the advent of such things as utube and cheap video cameras theres actually some stuff out there, if u go to utube and put in 'General Chaos Visuals' or 'wavelength toronto' (the music series I/we've been doing for ten+ years then you'll see what HW can inspire people to do visually !)

Oh a quick question, does anyone know which night HW are playing ? Sat or Sun ?   we might ahve t ocut out earlier on Sun to catch our Mon flight from Manchester, but if HW are playing Sun night then we may have to figure out a midnight drive

Looking forward to seeing all of youz tremendously,  it feels like my 2nd family almost, after a bunch of shared adventures  (and I don't like my real family all that much hahaha)   wish I hadn't been out of the picture for so long, but a nasty divorce can apparently do that....

See you errm next week !!!!!!!!!!

Steve