I hope they have snow chains on the bus

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Dec 2 10:06:26 EST 2010

On Dec 2, 2010, at 6:01 AM, M Holmes wrote:

> mike coleman writes:
>
>> The people here in Dallas think it's cold and it just cracks me up
>
> I was over in Florida a couple of weeks ago repeatedly failing to see a
> Shuttle blastoff. Some folks there said it was cold when the temperature
> was about normal for a summer's day in Scotlad.

That reminds me of a time, several years ago over the Christmas period, when I was visiting the Tampa Bay area of Florida.  It was what I considered "shorts and sandals" weather yet I observed the locals going about the place clad in their down jackets muttering and apologising about how "unreasonably cold" the weather was... :-)

Last I looked, it was 23 F (-5 C) here in sunny SW Virginia.  No snow, though...

Cheers,

Paul.