[Hawkwind] Re: More live footage on YouTube...

strobridge jill jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Mon Dec 6 20:53:01 EST 2010

Just back from the Lincoln gig -now tucked up in bed with a coffee listening
to cricket on the radio and trying out this new netbook.   Excellent gig at
Lincoln despite the dreadful weather (full marks to the bus for getting
through - apparently they've only had to dig it out once!) and a skating
rink on the pavements outside - nice venue (if a bit difficult to find) with
a big stage but not too high a ceiling so the sound was brilliant.  Tim
Blake much more to the fore in this one than in Glasgow or Newcastle and
played an additional track.  Band was very upbeat and though the track list
is a rather dark and sombre one it's played with energy passion and lots of
bass.   Thought Glasgow was a bit lacking in tempo but Newcastle and Lincoln
were much faster and more aggressive.

Set list as far as I can contrive it:   There's a spoken lyric/poem  I don't
recognise and forgot to ask the name of  - Anyone?

Spoken intro

Shouldn't Do That  - an excellent start – fast lively energetic and intense.

Lord of Light – too slow in Glasgow –but much more energy in Newcastle and
Lincoln.  Stilt walkers shrounded in cloaks with long lighted staves.

Sonic Attack  - nicely ominous and threatening

Star Cannibal – not sure about this one

Spoken poem about our desecration of the earth – dark sonorous bleak but
compelling

Prometheus – lovely intro – nice version + dancers - it's a very well
structured track now.

Spirit of the Age – lively much welcomed by all the audience

Robot – nice track but difficult to sustain the energy

Warriors

Angels of Death – fast and solid and very compelling watching the skull
images on the screen and they really got the tempo and the beat working well
at Lincoln - good one.

Tide of the Century –I like this!  Lyrical with some nice graphics and a
lovely instrumental end.   Tim very much up on front stage during this
one.

Wraith – not the best version I've heard - seemed a bit unstructured

It’s a New Age (in Lincoln)

Brainstorm – very energetic fades a bit in the middle but picks up nicely at
the end and with Dave centre stage behind the keyboards all the swirls of
light from the projections look as if they are emerging from his head!  Very
bizarre.

Encore  -  Better Believe It

ENDS
That's my last for this tour - now all I have to do is hazard a train
journey to Edinburgh through the snowdrifts!

Safe journey wishes to the band and everyone else travelling in this weather
- take care!

Jill