Greetings from a Kiwi Hawkfan

bernhard.pospiech bernhard.pospiech at T-ONLINE.DE
Thu Dec 9 04:12:56 EST 2010

You are very welcome Shane !!!!!!!!

Cheers
Bernhard

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Shane Palmer
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 3:02 AM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Greetings from a Kiwi Hawkfan

Well, it's about time I introduced myself! I've been lurking on BOC-L for a
looong time now, but never got around to posting, for some unknown reason.
Some of you may recognise my name from years back, but probably not many!

I'm one of a small number of keen and dedicated Hawkfans from all the way
down in New Zealand. I'd like to think I'm one of the band's biggest Kiwi
fans, but don't want to presume too much. I only discovered Hawkwind
accidentally while at university back in 1996, so a relative newbie compared
to most of the BOC-L membership. However, I was immediately captivated by
the band and the music. It wasn't long before I caught up with the Hawk's
immense back catalogue, thanks mainly to Richard at much-missed Cranium
Music in NZ, and Sonic Bilby in Oz.

My main claim to Hawkfan fame is being one of the few who travelled around
the country to see all 6 gigs of Hawkwind's first and only New Zealand tour
in 2000. After contacting the band and the local promoter, I also managed to
get myself a job helping to organise the band's accommodation, and was
privileged to spend a good amount of time hanging out with the guys at the
venues across the country. Now that was a fan's dream come true!

I have just recently moved to the UK. finally reaching the Hawkwind
motherland! It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since I last saw
Hawkwind live (just missed Hawkfest this year. though there's always next
year), but I'm about to see them once again in Liverpool and Manchester this
weekend. and just in time for my birthday. I can't wait! I'm looking forward
to the shows, and to meeting any of you that might be there. Might even be
able to share a drink with you before/at the gigs? I'll probably be the only
one there wearing the NZ tour t-shirt (yes, it still fits. just :-)  Please
feel free to introduce yourself.

And I look forward to communicating with the rest of you on BOC-L a bit more
regularly than in the past!

Cheers

Shane Palmer