HW: Video Collection '79-'89

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 20 17:53:35 EST 2010

Hi Folks...

Quick question...is this reasonably/completely correct?

Hawkwind Video Collection, 1979-89
1. World of Tiers (studio)
2. Lighthouse excerpt (UK tour, 1979)
3. Shot Down in the Night (UK tour, 1981)
4. Brainstorm (UK tour, 1981)
5. Silver Machine (UK tour, 1981)
6. Master of the Universe (UK tour, 1981)
7. Choose Your Masques (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
8. Solitary Mind Games (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
9. Waiting for Tomorrow (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
10. Master of the Universe (Rockfield Studios, 1983)
11. Coded Languages (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
12. Ghost Dance (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
13. Sonic Attack (Edinburgh Playhouse, 21.10.1982)
14. Psi Power (UK tour, 1982)
15. Choose Your Masques (UK tour, 1985)
16. Master of the Universe (Bristol, 20.6.1986)
17. Assault & Battery (Reading Festival, 24.08.1986)
18. Hassan I Sahba (Reading Festival, 24.08.1986)
19. Magnu (UK tour, 1987)
20. Angels of Death (UK tour, 1987)
21. Lost Chronicles (UK tour, 1987)
22. Needle Gun (Leeds Acid Daze, 12.12.1987)
23. some sort of synthesizer jamming/soundcheck
24. another sort of synthesizer jamming/soundcheck
25. Dream Worker (UK tour, 1988)
26. Assault & Battery (private party '89)
27. The Golden Void (private party '89)
28. -------------------- (private party '89)
29. Treadmill (private party '89)
30. Levitation (private party '89)
31. Damnation Alley (private party '89)
32. Needle Gun (private party '89)
33. Brainstorm (private party '89)
34. Angels of Death (private party '89)

And what is the title of 28?  I seem to recognize it, but I'm drawing a blank on its title.  I thought it was The Gremlin in the Air at first, and it hints of an Arthur Brown-related thing.  Can't quite make out the lyrics.  Thought someone would know here for sure...although it doesn't appear in the setlist for this part of the tape, which has been bootlegged by someone somewhere to CDR - found it listed online.

I'm putting this into MPEG-4/AAC via Audacity (nearly finished with *all* my old analog music!), and just want to know so I can more easily do the de-hissing and my own chosen equalization.  And I can't watch the thing because I only have the PAL copy (somehow I've lost my NTSC transfer, which would be one gen. further along anyway), so I have to work by audio alone.  Of course, I had to slow it down by a factor of 5/6, but that was no problem via Audacity.  So I want to group tracks by source so I can simplify the 'cleaning up' process rather than do all 34 tracks individually.

Did any of this stuff (audio only) make it onto any official release?  A Weird Tape or something?  (so as to avoid redundancy with subpar audio)

Anyway...just thought I'd ask - you guys are always so knowledgable.

Keith H.